Suzanne Volpe, Loudoun Supervisor for the Algonkian District since January 2012, has been focused on improving life in our community for more than two decades. The neglect Suzanne witnessed in many Algonkian neighborhoods inspired her run to give Algonkian a voice in 2011, and she has been diligently working to direct the necessary resources to our community. Now, Suzanne is seeking a third term on ensure Algonkian continues to be effectively represented on the Board of Supervisors in Leesburg.
For almost three decades, Suzanne has focused her time, talent and energy on volunteering in her community. She has held numerous positions throughout the county, including President of the Cascades Community Association and a member of the Loudoun County Planning Commission.
Suzanne’s list of key accomplishments has grown over her eight years of service. This list includes a wide range of issues, from implementation of business friendly zoning ordinance amendments, which has increased the percentage of commercial tax revenue to over 30%, thus lessening the tax burden on our young families and seniors living on a fixed income. These policies have lowered the personal property tax to $1.08.5 from $1.28.5.
Suzanne has also ensured that there are adequate resources to deal with transportation issues both in Algonkian and across Loudoun County. She has increased investment in our transportation infrastructure by designating two pennies of the tax rate towards the County’s Capital Improvement Program. With the additional funding from the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, the County’s investment in transportation is approximately $800 Million dollars in the County’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP). With her community focused approach, Suzanne has advanced several traffic safety improvement projects and her efforts with the Virginia Department of Transportation have completed the repaving of over 100 roads in the Algonkian District, some of which had not been paved in over 40 years!
Born and raised in Northern Virginia, Suzanne is a 26-year resident of Sterling and a graduate of Virginia Tech and Bishop O’Connell High School. Her dedication as a wife and mother of a 16-year-old daughter has given her insight into the challenges of raising a family in our community. On November 5th, re-elect the candidate with the experience and the dedication to make Loudoun County the best place to live in America.
Suzanne's Leadership of the Board of Supervisors:
- Chairman of the Loudoun Board County Transportation & Land Use Committee
- Board Representative – COG’s Chesapeake Bay and Water Resources Policy Committee
- Board Representative - COG’s Human Services and Public Safety Committee
- Board Representative - Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission
- Board Representative – Dulles Town Center Community Development Authority
Suzanne’s Record of Service for the Community:
- Member – Rotary Club of Sterling
- Former Member - Loudoun County Library Board of Trustees
- Former Vice President – Loudoun Chapter, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Former PTO Secretary - Our Lady of Hope Catholic School
- Former Member - Loudoun County Planning Commission
- Former Member - Loudoun County Commission on Aging
- Former President and Board Member - Cascades Community Association
- Former Board Member - Loudoun Arts Council
- Former Member - Eastern Loudoun Traffic Coalition